We are excited to formally announce the newest member of our Board of Directors, Min Tha Gyaw. Min is a global leader in inclusive fintech with more than two decades of experience in banking and payments culminating in his current role as Chief Strategy Officer for ThitsaWorks. Min will be a critical part of positioning the digital public goods maintained by Mifos to accelerate the impact of instant inclusive payment systems globally and the adoption of digital public infrastructure to advance universal financial health. His keen vision across digital financial services, his proven ability to execute, and his highly respected perspective in the ecosystem will unlock new opportunities for collaboration, sustainability, and innovation for initiative.
Here’s a bit more on Min in his own words:
Min brings more than 18 years of experience in payments, core banking, credit analytics systems, as well as expertise in banking and investments. He currently serves as the Chief Strategy Officer of ThitsaWorks, a Singapore-based technology firm, where he oversees the firm’s partnerships and successful expansion into Latin America, the Caribbean, and key African markets. Min is a member of the Mojaloop Community Council, and he also leads ThitsaWorks’ engagement and contributions to the Mifos Initiative, Interledger Protocol, and other Digital Public Goods initiatives.
Before joining ThitsaWorks, Min held several senior management positions with leading commercial banks in Myanmar, spearheading numerous strategic initiatives to introduce innovative products and solutions. A strong advocate for financial inclusion, Min leveraged his banking expertise to pioneer lending to Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in Myanmar, in collaboration with multiple international Development Finance Institutions (DFIs). Min received his MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, a Graduate Certificate from Johns Hopkins University (SAIS), and a B.A. in Economics from Beloit College.
We have already been collaborating closely with Min in the past and are eager to have him as part of the Board to impart his deep wisdom and strong connections by assisting in the following areas:
- Provide strategic insight to help the Mifos Initiative stay at the forefront of trends in digital payments and financial services
- Assist in the formulation of strategic partnerships with stakeholders across the public and private sector to help strengthen the Mifos presence across the digital public infrastructure landscape.
- Assist in fundraising and strategic planning to ensure the sustainability and viability of the Mifos Initiative as a thought leader and innovator in inclusive fintech.
- Fundraising, market development, partner engagement, and strategic development around inclusive instant payment systems and the shared infrastructure in which to deliver them.
- Helping refine our product development and project delivery strategies around Mifos, Fineract and Payment Hub EE to more fully align with other digital public goods like MOSIP and and Mojaloop and the priorities of cross-sector funders.
Please help in welcoming Min to the Mifos Community as a board member! We are extremely grateful for his time dedicated to our initiative and community!