Roadmap for the Future of Fineract at ApacheCon @Home
This month marks nearly five years since The Mifos Initiative began the process of donating the Mifos X software to the Apache Software Foundation leading to the formation of the top-level project, Apache Fineract. We’re proud to see how the community has continued to grow and evolve with the first ever Fineract track taking place at this year’s ApacheCon, which is going completely virtual this year as ApacheCon @Home.
Throughout this time the Mifos Initiative has continued to act as a thought leader for democratizing financial services while stewarding the ecosystem of companies developing solutions and contributing to the upstream development on Apache Fineract. Members of the Mifos team will be leading a number of talks and moderating several panels which will showcase this ecosystem and the roadmap we’re advancing to position Apache Fineract as both a foundational digital public good and disruptive open source core banking platform.
ApacheCon @Home is completely virtual this year and will be held September 29 to October 2. View the Fineract track agenda for details on each session and register for the conference, here: https://hopin.to/events/apachecon-home. During the three day Fineract track, spearheaded by Javier Borkenztain from Fiter, there will be a range of talks and panels highlighting the past, present, and future of Fineract.
James Dailey, the current chairman of the Mifos board and the visionary behind Apache Fineract which originally started out as MOAP, the microbanking architecture project nearly two decades ago, will moderate a panel looking at The Present of Fineract and will give a glimpse into the future by participating in a panel envisioning Fineract in 2030 and leading a talk on Open Source as a Counterweight to PlatFins.
Michael Vorburger, longtime Mifos and Fineract volunteer who recently joined the Mifos Initiative board, will share his efforts in catalyzing upstream development across the community during his Fineract: Reinvigorating Community Talk which has been made possible through the development infrastructure he built out and will showcase during his Running Fineract.dev like a Cloud Native SRE session.
President/CEO of the Mifos Initiative, Edward Cable, will moderate a number of different panels which showcase the expertise of our ecosystem, the breadth of use cases for which they’ve deployed Fineract, and the roadmap of how Mifos will help to guide the ecosystem in evolving Fineract as an end to end open source architecture for composable financial services.
Apache Fineract, as a flexible and scalable account and wallet management platform is the critical foundation for enabling real-time payments adoption, fueling mobile innovation at both a consumer as well as delivery channel level, helping governments digitize large scale cash transfers, and leveraging the power of data science to deliver more impactful financial services.
- AI for All: Democratizing Data Science for Financial Inclusion
- Jeremy Engelbrecht of Softidoc and Lalit Mohan of IDRBT will share with you the Mifos vision of AI for All – our roadmap for enabling widespread adoption of data science tools made evident by the innovations built by our community and ecosystem.
- Digital Field Applications: Exploring the Spectrum of Apps to Truly Reach the Last Mile
- Avik Ganguly of Fynarfin will present and showcase the wide range of mobility and field force enablement applications that can be powered by Fineract to support widespread operations in the field and branchless delivery channels.
- To Infinity and Beyond: Scaling Fineract for the Enterprise
- Istvan Molnar of DPC Consulting, Victor Romero of Fintecheando and Avik Ganguly of Fynarfin will share how they achieved massive scalability of Fineract for institutions ranging from Fortune 500 banks to national government-led banks to leading fintech mobile wallet providers.
- OpenG2P: Open Source Building Blocks for Digitizing Large Scale Cash Transfers
- Steve Conrad of DIAL and Keyzom and Salton Massally will introduce to the Fineract community, the OpenG2P framework, an emerging coalition and reference architecture of composable digital public goods for digitizing cash transfers.
- Real-Time Payments: Enabling a Connected, Cashless, and Inclusive Society
- Godfrey Kutumela representing High Touch Consulting and the Mojaloop community along with Istvan Molnar of DPC Consulting will highlight the growing adoption of national real-time payment systems guided by standards like the Level One Principles and how the Fineract community can leverage the recently developed Payment Hub EE to accelerate connection to real-time payment systems like Mojaloop.
- Open Banking: a Revolutionary Democratizing Force for Financial Services Innovation
- Our panel consisting of Matt Millar of Updraft from the UK, Victor Romero of Fintecheando in Mexico and Ali Hussein Kassim of Kipochi from Nairobi will give insight into the transformative innovation for consumers being enabled by Open Banking standards emerging around the globe.