We are pleased to formally announce the newest member of our board of business and technical advisors, Ali Hussein Kassim. Ali is a true visionary in the fintech world and will use his expertise and critical insight into the sector will help shape the ongoing product and community development strategy and advance our sustainability endeavors. Ali wears many hats across the African fintech landscape and has already been advising us and helping connect Mifos with new opportunities throughout 2019.
Connect with Ali on LinkedIn as he’s certain to spark up a through-provoking and insightful conversation with you.
Join us in welcoming Ali; we look forward to his deeper role in helping the ecosystem grow and establish a stronger foothold for Mifos across the African fintech market.
Here’s a bit more on Ali: Ali is the CEO of FinteXX Technology Ltd, a Pan-African Fintech company that enables the financial ecosystem to utilize digital technologies towards enhancing efficiency, bring innovative financial solutions to the unbanked across the continent and create awareness towards the transformative nature of Financial Technologies. He is also the Principal, AHK & Associates, a Digital Transformation Consultancy focused on enabling clients leverage Digital Technologies to achieve Transformational Change in their organizations. He is also an investor and mentor to startups the Demo Ventures Franchise. Apart from that, he is the immediate former CEO of 3mice interactive media ltd, a Nairobi based pioneer Digital Agency in East Africa and was also the founding CEO of Wunderman (Kenya), a Global Digital top ten Agency, where he successfully implemented the Balanced Scorecard, a management tool for translating strategy into action.
Ali also plays an active role on a number of different boards including:
- Oversight Board of The Kenya Tourism Promotion Fund, a government agency set up to fund the promotion of tourism in the country
- Board of Longhorn Publishers, the leading publishing house in East & Central Africa where he is instrumental in defining the Digital Strategy for the company;
- Law Africa, a leading Law Publisher in East Africa
- Trustee of the Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
- East Africa Advisor, Kinesis.Money, a revolutionary monetary system, based 1:1 on allocated physical gold and silver, bringing back a true store of value to the global economy and rewarding all who participate.
- Alive & Kicking, a social Enterprise with operations in 3 African countries..
- His board experience also includes a six year term as board member at the Kenya Network Information Centre, the .ke Registry between 2006-12.