We’re excited to be hosting our third annual summit and coming to Africa for the first time. Raj Jain and the team at Yako Microfinance will welcome us to Kampala, Uganda for our annual gathering to unite our community across the world who are using, supporting, and building the Mifos X platform to advance technology-enabled financial inclusion. Once again our summit will be four days long from October 14 to October 17.
Apart from the opportunity to network and connect with fellow community members, this year will have an even larger focus on hands-on training for partners and users, collaborative tech sessions for contributors, & educational sessions led by external experts from the fin-tech & financial inclusion sector.
As we look to stimulate and grow our East African community, one entire day of the summit will be focused on building awareness of Mifos X for the local East Africa region including an Expo Hall for our partners to showcase their solutions to local and regional financial institutions.
Who Should Attend
- Executive leadership from MFIs and financial inclusion providers seeking to maximize value from technology. (both those already using Mifos or interested in using it)
- IT and operational staff of MFIs who want to increase their effectiveness with Mifos.
- Mifos Partners seeking to grow their existing business or launch a new business supporting Mifos X.
- Current developers and contributors who are already building or contributing to the Mifos X platform
- ICT4D developers who are interested in building financial inclusion applications on top of the Mifos X platform.
- Industry influencers, funders, and strategic partners who want to help guide the initiative.
- New community members looking to interact with others from our global community.
What You’ll Achieve at the Summit
- Discover the most flexible and affordable financial inclusion technology and what it can help you achieve.
- Launch and grow your own business delivering solutions on the Mifos X platform.
- Expand your knowledge building on, implementing or using Mifos X.
- Become part of a vibrant global community with a growing presence throughout East Africa.
- Continue to shape our vision and roadmap for technology-enabled financial inclusion.
- Share experiences, brainstorm new ideas, and discover innovative technologies.
- Network both professionally and socially with fellow community members.
- Technical and business case studies from members of the community
- Hands-on training targeted towards developers, implementers, and management.
- Thought leadership sessions from experts across the technology and financial inclusion sectors
- Exploratory sessions to brainstorm how financial inclusion trends will shape the Mifos X roadmap
- Exposition Hall showcasing our Partners, new technologies, and open source solutions.
- Mifos Community Choice Awards Dinner recognizing our community rock stars
- Day-long Site Visits to local financial institutions in Kampala
Venue & Accommodations
- Single Rooms as part of Full Conference package (inclusive of registration) for the duration of the summit are $400 (early)/$450 (regular) per person.
- Double/Triple Rooms as part of Full Conference package (inclusive of registration) for the duration of the summit are $300 (early)/$350 (regular) per person.
We want to make the summit as accessible for anybody in the community to attend. Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors we will have a limited number of scholarships available for registration, accommodations, and/or airfare to the summit. Scholarship applications are due on August 15, 2014.