Since the community has transitioned in leadership from Grameen Foundation to the Community for Open Source Microfinance, we’ve been pushing full speed ahead on development driven by user feedback. Mifos 2.4 (Vinolia I) directly responds to this feedback, aiming to solve the major pains felt by the community and to take Mifos one step further in ease of use and going hand-in-hand with your business processes.
SolDevelo has been the guiding force behind ongoing development and once again has done a stellar job, shipping another timely release, stewarding community contributions, and developing long-requested new features. When we’ve asked you what causes the most pain in Mifos – the answer is almost always reporting or accounting integration. This release addresses those critical gaps by embedding Pentaho reporting directly in Mifos and including an integrated module for simple accounting support. Mifos 2.4 also smoothes out other core functionality through streamlining mobile money integration with KopoKopo, strengthening the loan workflow, increasing efficiency through support for transfers, improve handling of GLIM loans, and better control over historical transactions. Here’s a quick list of the major features with a detailed overview and screenshots of each feature.
- Embedded Pentaho reports
- Integrated basic accounting module (to be release in 1-2 weeks as part of a maintenance release)
- Funds transfer from loan to savings, savings to savings, payment of fees from savings
- Ability to approve loan amounts by different loan amount ranges
- Integration with KopoKopo M-PESA integration interface
- GLIM enhancements – pro-rated group payments
- Adjusting specific historical past transactions in savings accounts
- Ability to disburse/approve loans in the past