- Understand the Mifos Architecture
- Read our Getting Started Guide
- Fork the Project on GitHub
- Experiment with the APIs
- Create an account on MifosForge
- Sign our Contributor Agreement
- Assign yourself a Task on JIRA
- Introduce yourself on our Mailing Lists
- Attend a bi-weekly developer meeting or one of our regular technical onboardings.
Platform Architecture & Design
The Mifos X is architected as a clean, layered Java platform that contains the complex core business and technical functionality for financial inclusion. All this is neatly exposed through a set of RESTful APIs which frees up developers to quickly innovate and produce new apps. This system overview provides a thorough description of this platform architecture and design.
We have documented each of the RESTful Mifos X APIs along with a live example that you can test out in your browser or with your chosen RESTful client. Immediately you can see the power of the platform and how quickly you can build your own new application. Go ahead and play around with the APIs now.
JIRA is our product issue tracker; every bug, feature, request, or development tasks gets recorded, prioritized, and tracked in JIRA.
Confluence is the enterprise wiki that powers our technical and end user documentations. All feature specs are drafted and published here as well.
Integrated into Atlassian Studio, we use Jira Agile for our Agile product management needs. All the tasks/issues logged in JIRA are planned out and visualized as stories for each development iteration managed by our Global Product Manager.