Stuck? Got a question? Need help? This page outlines the various areas on the site to assist you. But if you don’t know where to begin to look for an answer, follow these simple tips.
- Search Google – This is how you cast the widest net. If your problem has been discussed before, written about, or reported as an issue, chances are you’ll find it on Google. All our documentation, issues, chat logs, mailing list conversations, and activity regarding Mifos is indexed and publicly searchable.
- Search Mifos.org – If you don’t need to search mailing list conversations, issue tracker etc – you can search through documentation on mifos.org.
- Browse through documentation. Our docs, functional specs, FAQs are all organized by topic area. You might be able to find your answer here if your search didn’t uncover it.
- Ask a Question: Still stuck? Ask a question. You can post a question on our mailing lists, ask it in the Mifos chatroom, or ask a member of your local community in a regional user group.
Deploying Mifos, an enterprise-level business application, requires both strong project management and technical implementation skills. MFIs without these skillsets in-house should seek to work with a local Mifos Partner When seeking out a Mifos Partner, you should look for the following:
- Someone to implement the software. In addition to setting up the system and configuring it for your organization, this person or technology firm will help to optimize your business processes, manage the migration of data from your old system, as well as train your staff in using Mifos.
- If you’ve determined that you need to add to or modify features in the core platform or via the API, you’ll want to select a partner with software development skills to write the code and contribute it back to the community. .
- Once the software is deployed either on-site or hosted externally or in the cloud, you’ll need someone to act as a Mifos system administrator and provide ongoing technical support.
It’s possible that IT personnel within your organization can fulfill one or more of these roles, or that the same vendor can fulfill more than one role.
Find a Partner