The Mifos Advantage
Created for the microfinance industry, Mifos is a management information system (MIS) featuring a user-friendly, web interface running on top of a robust MySQL database. Flexible to meet your unique operational needs and scalable for rapid growth, Mifos enables real-time access to data across your organization from any web browser. Features include client management, loan and savings portfolio management, transaction processing, and social and business reporting and analytics.
Developed by an expert team of developers and supported by a global open source community, the Mifos platform lets MFI customers operate efficiently, with the flexibility to extend new services to more effectively empower the poor. The Mifos Community Edition is freely downloadable, to implement on your own or with the support of a local Mifos Specialist.
The Mifos Advantage
Click below to view a presentation outlining the benefits and impact of Mifos Community Edition:
- Efficiency & Ease of Use- Speed up your client acquisition cycle, increase loan officer productivity, and manage your portfolio securely and effectively.
- Social & Business Impact–By integrating Grameen Foundation's Progress out of Poverty Index(PPITM) into its reporting, Mifos provides built-in social performance metrics. Monitor your clients’ rise from poverty and shape your offerings to deliver both social and business impact.
- Growth & Scalability– Mifos is a centralized web-enabled solution built on top of a MySQL database. Its built-in scalability means you can rapidly open new branches and roll out new products and services; all supported by a modern architecture with the robust capacity to support up to 1 million clients.
- Transparency & Insight– Through real-time access to your data and a powerful reporting engine, use effective business analytics and transparency to guide your strategy and satisfy external reporting requirements.
- Security & Data Integrity– Client data is secure from corruption and fraud through in-depth audit trails tracking all changes, coupled with a granular role-based permission system.
- Flexibility & Agility– Proactively respond to competition and changing client needs by rapidly creating new services through on-the-fly product definition.
- Innovation & Evolution– Broaden your outreach and accelerate innovation by incorporating new front-end technologies and integrating with other systems and networks on top of Mifos’ common platform.
- Intimacy & Outreach– Client management tools like surveys help you collect market knowledge and deliver value-added services. Let your field staff focus more on customers’ needs and less on data entry.