Standard Reports in Mifos
There are 39 standard reports (34 Pentaho reports and 5 BIRT reports) which are directly embedded in Mifos. Moving forward all BIRT reports will be replaced by Pentaho reports. Below is the list of 34 Pentaho reports which are currently embedded in Mifos:
Active Loans Summary per Branch
Active Loans by Center
Active Loans by Loan Product
Active Loans by Loan Purpose
Active Loans by Loan Officer
Active Loans in their Last Installment
Branch Expected Cash Flow
Center Collection Sheet
Group Collection Sheet (M-PESA)
Loan Ageing Report
Loans Pending Approval
Loans to be Disbursed
Mifos Transactions - Detailed
Mifos Transactions - Summary
Overdue Mature Loans
Written Off Loans
Balance Outstanding (DW)
Balance Outstanding By Source Of Funds (DW)
Due Vs Collected Branch (DW)
Due Vs Collected Center (DW)
Due Vs Collected Officer (DW)
Loan Classification Product (DW)
Loan Officer Performance Summary Cumulative (DW)
Loan Officer Performance Summary Period (DW)
Closed Loans Summary per Branch
Dormant Clients Summary
Funds Movement (DW)
Loan Officer Detailed (DW)
MFI Progress (DW)
Please note that reports with (DW) are reports based on Data Warehouse and ETLReportDWTaskJob batch job should be run first in order to see the changes in the generated report.
For more detalis, about above reports, please go to this page.
Overview of the Standard BIRT Reports
- Collection Sheet Report: Helps Loan Officers organize and prepare for their repayment collection meetings with clients and groups.
- Branch Cash Confirmation Report: Assists management and accounting in tracking daily cash inflows and outflows.
- Branch Progress Report: Helps management monitor office progress.
- GL Report (Mifos 1.6.x): Lists transactions by GL code
- Detailed Aging Portfolio at Risk (Mifos 1.6.x):
You generate reports from the Reports tab. To change how the reports appear on the Reports tab or to edit the appearance of the reports themselves (by editing or creating your own reports templates), use the View report templates and Upload report templates links under Manage Reports on the Admin tab.
NOTE: BIRT reports will be soon replaced by embedded Pentaho reports.
Loan officers use collection sheets, generated through the Mifos reporting feature, to identify the amount to be collected in the field from each client/group on meeting day or scheduled payment day. Information for the collection sheets is stored in a table listing the amounts that need to be collected from each client, including loan repayments, fees, penalties, recommended savings amounts, and any other dues that need to be collected. The reports also provide the amount of money that should be disbursed to each client at the meeting. The sheets are generated by selecting the Collection Sheet Report link from the Reports tab, and then selecting the branch, loan officer, and loan product for the report.
The repayment figures on a collection sheet cannot be updated after the meeting day. If a collection sheet is generated for a past meeting day, the system will still display the status of each account prior to collections made at the meeting.
Sample PDF: Collection Sheet Report (.pdf)
The Branch Cash Confirmation Report lists a branch's daily cash inflows and outflows and is used to tally the day's accounting books. This report is typically used by management as well as accounting departments.
The report is filtered by branch office and lists total per loan product of amounts for principal, interest, fees, and total, and the same for what's due and what's in arrears for a certain date.
Sample PDF: Branch Cash Confirmation Report (.pdf)
Note: Currently this report is hardcoded to extract data from a database named 'mifos'. If you have changed the name of the Mifos database, the report needs to be updated with the correct database.
Mockup/Spec: Branch Progress Report Mockup
Sample PDF: Sample Branch Progress Report
Detailed Aging Portfolio at Risk Report
This report lists all loans that match the selected parameters and are in Active bad standing.
A user with the appropriate permissions selects this report from the Reports tab. The user then specifies the parameters for the report, including the Branch Office, the Loan Officer, and the Loan Product. The choices displayed for the Loan Product include all loan products that exist for the entire MFI, including inactive ones, since there can still be active loan accounts for inactive products. The choices available for Branch Office and Loan Officer depend on the user’s data scope, as follows:
- If the user is a loan officer, then the Branch Office defaults to the user’s branch and the loan officer name defaults to the name of the user.
- If the user is a branch manager, the Branch Office defaults to the user’s branch and the Loan Officer defaults to All; the user can then select a specific Loan Officer from the list.
- If the user belongs to the head office, he/she must first select a Branch Office. Once selected, the Loan Officer choices consist of that branch’s loan officers. The default is All.
When the user clicks Generate, a report in PDF format is generated that displays all loans for the selected branch that are in active-bad standing, per loan product if one has been specified. If there are no loans in Active-bad standing, the error message “No results found” is displayed.
Sample PDF: Detailed Aging Portfolio at Risk Report (.pdf)
This report is defined at the branch level. The output is a daily summary of the financial transactions to the each of the GL accounts, including a breakdown of the debit and credit transactions to each account. When running the report, the user specifies the branch and a date range for which to run the report. The report will provide a summary for each day in that date range.
The user can then take this report and manually enter the summarized general ledger transactions into their accounting software.
Sample PDF: General Ledger Report (.pdf)
Viewing the Standard Embedded Reports
The process is the same for each report, for example:
To generate a Branch Progress Report:
- On the Reports tab, click Branch Progress Report.
- Select a Branch.
- Enter the date as of which you want information.
- Click Generate.
Customizing the Standard Embedded Reports
The process is the same for each report, for example:
To create your own Branch Progress Report template:
- On the Admin tab, click View report templates under Manage Reports.
- To use the default Branch Progress Report template as a starting point for creating your own template, click the Download link for Branch Progress Report.
- Save BranchProgressReport.rptdesign locally.
- Open the above file in BIRT RCP Designer and give it a new name, thus preserving a backup.
- Edit your version of the .rptdesign file in BIRT.
- In Mifos, use the Upload link under Manage Reports on the Admin tab to upload your new report template.
- Mifos System Setup
- MFI Information Setup
- Account Management
- Transaction Processing
- Mifos on mobile devices
- Retrieving Information
- System Processing