Mifos is currently available in English, French, Spanish, Chinese, and Portuguese and supports localization into additional languages. Mifos is designed using internationalization (il8n) standards. Mifos can be localized through an online translation tool called Translatewiki.net; more information can be found .
All components that ship with Mifos are internationalized (including those stored in the database or XML files) and localizable, depending on the language chosen by the MFI.
Note the following for Mifos:
Country. An MFI can belong to only one country, which is specified during installation.
- Currently, Mifos does not support the use of a comma as a decimal separator (i.e., one can’t use 10,000 instead of 1000.00)
- A rounding rule can be specified for the currency. [link to general rounding rules]
Time zone. MFIs can belong to only one time zone. Mifos stores and displays all operations/transactions in the server time zone.
Date formatting. Mifos supports DD/MM/YYYY as the date format (not MM/DD/YYYY).
As a user, you may change your language preferences it two ways:
- Change your settings in Your settings link (permanent)
- Click on Change preferred Language link (temporary)
Change Preferred Language link makes switching between languages more easy and comfortable. It provides you to change displayed language, but such changes will apply only on current session.
1. User opens Mifos web page.
2. In the right-top part of the screen there is Change preferred Language link. After clicking on this link user will see a screen like this below.
4. User sees site translated into different language.
- Mifos System Setup
- MFI Information Setup
- Account Management
- Transaction Processing
- Mifos on mobile devices
- Retrieving Information
- System Processing