Mifos on IRC (#mifos)
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a chat room system used by many Free/Libre/Open Source Software projects. Create a nickname below and you can instantly chat with community members in the Mifos chatroom #mifos on chat.freenode.net.
#mifos on chat.freenode.net
type /nick to change your Nick name, /help, /cs help, /ns help, or /ms help for available commands
It's that simple to get going and be chatting directly with other Mifos users - alternatively you could install one of the IRC clients below.
- All mailing list etiquette also applies to the IRC channel.
- It may be tempting to repeat your question many times. Strive for patience instead. You may need to wait on the channel for many hours before receiving a response.
- Do not privately message others in the channel. Mentioning their nickname in #mifos is enough.
- Many full-time Mifos developers are active during USA business hours.
- If you don't get a response, you may try again several hours later or earlier in the day.
- Once you have your IRC client installed, just click on irc://freenode/#mifos and you should be signed on to the channel.
- Register your nickname. It helps people recognize you, protects your identity, and allows you to send private messages.
- If you find you don't like Pidgin or Chatzilla, there are many other options to choose from.
- If you want to share, for instance, a stack trace or diff more than a few lines long, use a pastebin.
mifosbot is there to log channel activity. If you want mifosbot to ignore something, preface it with
[nolog](including the square brackets)
Planning Poker on IRC
The Mifos IRC chatroom is home to our ongoing Planning Poker sessions to estimate User Stories for development.
- Learn more about this estimating process
- Check the mailing list for upcoming sessions.