Mifos Director of Engineering, Adam Feuer discusses our goal to end poverty, and software’s place in achieving that goal.
Recently, Adam Feuer, had the chance to sit down with Matthew Russell of the PayPal X Developer Network for a casual conversation discussing Mifos and how developers around the world can work towards ending poverty by contributing to our software.
Adam covers a wide range of topics including:
- History and growth of Grameen Bank, Grameen Foundation, and the Mifos Initiative itself.
- Broad spectrum of financial products and services a microfinance institution offers.
- Comparison of Mifos to traditional core banking software.
- Mifos and why being open source helps provide greater freedom and flexibility for the MFI, the end user.
- Challenges we’ve encountered over the years and how we’re working to overcome them.
- Progress to date of our contributor community and how many active contributors we have.
- Our longer term technology vision for the product helping to push us to the forefront of banking and business intelligence.
- How new contributors can get involved and help software play a role in addressing global problems like poverty.